Kernstok Károly tér 8.
T: +36 1 501 9900
F: +36 1 501 9901
Detailed information on data processing regarding the personal data of the clients and/or the representative of clients
1. Data processing
VJT & Partners Law Firm (address: H-1126 Budapest, Kernstok Károly tér 8, phone number: +3615019900, e-mail: email@example.com “VJT & Partners”) as the operator of www.vjt-partners.com webpage processes the personal data of clients and/or representatives of clients defined in point 2 below for purposes defined in point 3 below on the basis of the prior, freely given, informed and explicit consent of the client and/or the representative of the client on the basis of Section 5(1) a) of the Act CXII of 2011 regarding the right to informational self-determination and freedom of information (“Data Protection Act”).
2. Scope of the personal data processed
VJT & Partners processes the personal data of clients and/or representatives of clients which was provided by the clients and/or the representative of clients while submitting the request to VJT & Partners’ practical handbook, Doing Business in Hungary (“Personal Data”) for purposes defined in point 3 below.
3. Data controller and purposes of data processing
VJT & Partners as data controller is entitled to process the Personal Data for the purpose of sending its newsletters or other direct marketing documents, as well as for the purpose of sending its practical handbook, Doing Business in Hungary via e-mail after a previous assessment.
The previous assessment means that after the client and/or the representative of the client submitted his/her request for an electronic copy of Doing Business in Hungary handbook, VJT & Partners examines the seriousness of the request on the basis of the information given during the submission by the client and/or the representative of the client. If VJT & Partners considers the request serious enough, it sends the requested copy via e-mail to the client and/or the representative of the client, otherwise VJT & Partners rejects the request.
4. Term of data processing
VJT & Partners is entitled to process the Personal Data for direct marketing purposes defined in point 3 above until the withdrawal of the data processing consent by the clients and/or the representative of the clients.
However, if after the previous assessment VJT & Partners rejects the request for a copy of Doing Business in Hungary handbook, VJT & Partners is not entitled to further process the Personal Data, unless the client and/or the representative of the client has subscribed to VJT & Partners’ newsletter...
5. Data security
VJT & Partners ensures security regarding the Personal Data and takes those technical and organisational measures and implement those procedural rules that are necessary to the adequate protection of the Personal Data. For example VJT & Partners stores the Personal Data in a password protected format with personalised levels of access. VJT & Partners also uses appropriate IT measures to protect the Personal Data from viruses and malwares.
6. Withdrawal of consent
Clients and/or representatives of clients can withdraw their consent provided to data processing for purposes specified in point 3 above anytime and without any limitation or justification, free-of-charge by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to H-1126 Budapest, Kernstok Károly tér 8.
7. Who may access the Personal Data?
VJT & Partners do not forward the Personal Data to third parties.
Within VJT & Partners the Personal Data will be accessible only by authorized persons who have a valid work related need to have access thereto. This includes the persons of marketing departments, and the lawyers who deal with any matter raised by the clients and/or representatives of clients.
8. Rights and remedies
VJT & Partners hereby informs clients and/or representatives of clients that according to the Data Protection Act may contact VJT & Partners and ask the following:
- ask for information about the processing of the Personal Data, and
- ask for correction of the Personal Data, and
- ask for deletion of the Personal Data (this means that the information will be made unrecognizable in an irretrievable form), and
- ask for blocking of the Personal Data (this means that the information will be marked with a special ID tag to restrict the processing for indefinite or definite time), and
- object to the processing of the Personal Data (this means a declaration in which the data subject objects to the processing and ask for the termination of the processing and/or deletion of the information processed), and
- in case of breach of rights turn to the Hungarian Data Protection Authority (1125 Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/C.; telefon: +36-1+391-1400; telefax: +36-1-391-1410; e-mail: email@example.com, website: https://www.naih.hu) and to the court (the data subject may decide to file a lawsuit before a court in whose jurisdiction his home address or temporary residence is located).
VJT & Partners recommends to turn to the Data Protection Authority or court only as a last instance. VJT & Partners is willing to cooperate with the client to find a mutual solution. In case of any questions, concerns or requests about the processing of the Personal Data, clients and/or representatives of clients may contact VJT & Partners by phone: +3615019900 and/or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VJT & Partners is willing to respond to request at their earliest convenience, but no more than 15 days as from the date of receiving the request (unless the Data Protection Act expresses otherwise).